Monday, September 20, 2010

Wild Game of Duck Duck Goose

Sunday night I was giving Russell his bath and Alicia and Lauren were in the living room playing.  I could hear them laughing and running around, and I was really glad that they were getting along so I could finish Russell's bath and then get them ready for bed.  The next thing I know Alicia is crying a horrible cry and she comes into the bathroom holding her wrist. I knew then that something was wrong.  I gave her an ice pack and had her sit down on the couch so I could get Russell out of the tub.  I yelled at Greg to look at her wrist because something was wrong.  After about 10 minutes, I decided I was going to take her to the E.R. because I was pretty sure she had hurt it.  I just wasn't sure if it was bruised or something worse.  We got there and they took x-rays and sure enough she had fractured her wrist!!  Who would of thought a game of duck duck goose would end with a cast?  We went to the Soo on Tuesday and saw the Orthopedic Surgeon and he put a cast on it, and we were on our way.  The hardest part of the day was deciding which color to get purple or pink.  In the end, she went with pink!!

Here she is before the appointment in her sling


Here she is after w/ the pink cast and the hat she just had to have when we went to Wal-Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment