Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mackinac Island

The Mackinac Island 8 Mile Road race went really well on Saturday.  I ran a fast pace and was pleased with my time.  I finished in 13th place and my time was 1:09:38.  You can view the results at this website. http://www.runmichigan.com/results/full.php/2010/09/11/mackinac-island-8-mile-run-3.html   I couldn't believe all the people that were there.  I haven't heard an exact number that participated but I do know it was over 1,000.  It was the biggest race that I have ever participated in, so it was really awesome to finish near the top. 

I caught a lovely cold from my kids on Friday and by Friday night I was pretty stuffed up.  So I took some medicine and went to bed early.  Saturday morning I got up and got ready and felt o.k. but during the last two miles of the race I was dragging.  I didn't finish as strong as I would have liked to and I hope it was just because of not being 100% healthy.

After the race, I met up with my Mom and Alicia and Lauren.  We had a picnic with my friends family and then took the carriage tour around Mackinac Island.  The girls loved the butterfly house!  I had a butterfly land on my ear and it stayed there forever.  People were coming up to me and taking my picture.  It was really hard not to smack at it to get it to move, especially because it tickled when it moved it's wings.  We had a lot of fun, and I was really glad my Mom was able to bring the girls over for the day.

Next I have a half marathon on the 25th.  I am going to do a big run once a week for the next two weeks.  I feel pretty confident about the race.  I'm just not sure if my time is going to be what I want it to be.  I might be a little slower than what I ideally would like, but that will just give me something to work on for next time!!

The kids playing on the slide after the picnic

Lauren and Alicia waiting to go on the carriage ride

Addie, Lauren, and Alicia outside the Butterfly House


The butterfly on my head right behind my ear

Mom, Lauren, and Alicia on the ferry headed back to St. Ignace

No comments:

Post a Comment