Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Normal Weekend with the King's

This past weekend we didn't have any plans other than lots of relaxing and reading and a little bit of cleaning.  I just started reading the Twilight books around Thanksgiving and started Breaking Dawn last week.  I hadn't had much time to read during the week so I was really looking forward to just sitting around and reading.  I ended up finishing it Saturday night.  We didn't eat dinner until 6:30 p.m., because I only had a few pages left and couldn't bare to put it down until I finished.  I would have to say it was definitely my favorite of the 4 books.  Other than lots of reading, here are a few highlights from our weekend!!

We scooped Goldie out of our pond in the backyard because the water was freezing, and brought her inside.  Russell was super excited and likes to talk to her and ask her how she's doing!!  It's really cute.  Unfortunately early Monday morning Goldie died.  Not sure if it was the shock of going from a totally different climate that caused her death or what happened.  I'm thinking we are going to get a new Goldie though.  The kids really enjoyed watching her.


I sent Russell upstairs to get some pajamas and he came down almost fully dressed.  I had to help him with his shirt.  It was super cute and really made me realize that he's not a baby anymore!!  His socks were quite hilarious though because they are a bit too small and he only had them pulled on halfway.


Grandma Cathy took Alicia and Lauren to Chamberlain's for a princess afternoon.  They each got their hair curled, a feather put in, nails painted, and hot chocolate and dessert.  They had a lot of fun, and they loved their curls!!  Alicia kept asking me how old did I think she looked.  That was a really tricky question because I know how old she is, but I knew she wanted me to say she looked way older than what she is.  I think my answer pleased her though.  I don't quite remember what I said, because I was almost to the end of Breaking Dawn around this time, but I know she wasn't offended by my answer!!  So I must have answered appropriately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment