Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Bazaar

Another Christmas Bazaar has come and gone!  This year the bazaar was great!!  We had a great team of 5 girls working together to make sure everything came together.  We had 41 vendors!!  This was an increase of 9 from last year, and I believe was the same amount as 2 years ago. 

62 children saw Santa and every child got a gift back with a few treats in it.  We were able to talk Mrs. Clause into coming at 12:30 to read some stories to the children while Santa was parking his sleigh.  It was really cute and she did a great job. 

This year we tried something new and asked all the local churches for donations of hats and gloves for a hat and mitten tree.  We weren't sure how this was going to turn out, and I was really worried we were going to end up with a couple things on our tree.  However, it was exactly the opposite!!  We had so many hats and mittens donated they didn't all fit on the tree.  We laid some around the bottom of the tree and then had some in a bag of reserves.  We took all that was left over and donated it to the school for kids who don't have hats and mittens for recess or for kids who forget theirs. 

I found a picture online of a present arch and thought that would make a perfect background for Santa.  I got my Dad to help me out and using some pvc pipe, a hole saw, and lots of boxes we were able to make an awesome arch.  I thought it turned out great.


The kids had a blast and I got some Christmas shopping done and got a really nice Christmas wreath.  We are already coming up with some new ideas for next year and hoping to make it even better!!  I always think that my Grandma Wagner would be so proud, because she loved crafts and this would have been right up her alley!!  I wonder if she enjoys it from where she is at!!

No comments:

Post a Comment