Thursday, January 19, 2012

Make Your Own Fabric Softener

Last night I decided I would complete my first project from Pinterest.  I was out of dryer sheets and had found this very simple way to make fabric softener, so it just seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out.  It only cost me around $3.50 and it makes a big container!!!  So here is how you do it.

Ingredients:

6 cups HOT water
3 cups white vinegar
2 cups Suave Refreshing Waterfall Conditioner {or other favorite scent}

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 








Here are my ingredients plus the hot water.  I actually heated my water up on the stove until it was just about boiling.  I figured the hotter it was the better the conditioner would dissolve in it.  If you get the same size bottle as I did, you don't have to measure because the whole bottle is 2 cups.  Which is good to know because next time I won't have to put conditioner in my kitchen measuring cups!!

First mix the conditioner and hot water well, until the conditioner is dissolved completely.  I used an old bucket to mix it together.





















Then add the vinegar and mix well.  That's all there is to it!!  Super easy and fast.  I stored mine in an old Juicy Juice container, because that's what I had but any type of plastic jug will work.






















Here is the finished product.  Pour it into your Downy ball or put 2 tbsp in your fabric softener dispenser and wash!

2 comments:

  1. It does work! I will admit though the scent isn't as nice as using a Bounce dryer sheet. I will continue to use it on most of our clothes, but use a dryer sheet on towels.

    ReplyDelete