Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tis the Season

Wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving is already over, and we are now racing towards Christmas.  I love Christmas, but I always feel like it is here in a flash and I haven't had enough time to properly prepare.  I don't think this year will be any different.  I have something going on every weekend from now until Christmas. 

I'm ready for this weekend to be over.  We have the Christmas Bazaar on Sunday and I still have quite a bit of work to do.  I found a picture of an arch made out of presents, and decided that this year that would make a perfect background for Santa.  I did a test run on Saturday and found out I don't have enough boxes so now I am on the hunt for about 3 more.  I really hope once it's all together it looks nice and not like "what the hell is that thing". 

I'm really looking forward to Christmas baking on the 17th.  It's a lot of work but we end up with some deliciously, fattening treats afterwards.  Ellen has promised me she will be here that afternoon to help with the baking.  She has missed the last 2 years, so I'm really looking forward to having her back in the kitchen.  Besides nobody makes the peanut butter balls as well as she does! 

Completely off topic, the other night I went to check on Russell when he was suppose to be sleeping and this is what I found.


Look Mom, I made a pen!  He took all the books in his room and lined them up.  For some reason, he called it a pen.


After it was arranged then you had to walk across the books.  Oh the things he finds to do when he is suppose to be sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. You have to walk across the books because the carpet is MOLTEN LAVA!!

    And the "bullets" better appear at the cookie baking day! Perhaps Round 2 of the Sugar Cookie War should take place!

    ReplyDelete