Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bunnies

My Mom has been dying to get the girls bunnies all summer.  I was against the idea because I was afraid they would lose interest in them quickly, and then I would be left to care for 2 rabbits that I didn't want in the first place.  I was reassured that everybody was going to take care of their rabbit, and in the winter they would go to Mom's and live in the barn where it was warm.  Also, if it got to the point where the girls weren't taking care of the bunnies they would also go to my Mom's.  So I gave in and said that they could get the bunnies.

So one Friday night in August, Mom, Alicia, and Lauren headed over to the Newberry Fair to pick out their Lionhead Rabbits.  They brought home 2 really cute rabbits!!  Russell loves the rabbits which is a good thing since Lauren is scared of her rabbit and doesn't play with it much.

I have been helping the kids get them out and play with them.  I am already having to remind them to feed the rabbits since school has started up and evenings are super busy!!  It hasn't been to big of an issue so far, because on the nights when Alicia has tons of homework Russell and Lauren will go outside and feed them and just check on them.  We try to get them out of the cage and play with them on the weekends, and so far they are still really friendly!


Lauren wears a "bunny suit" to hold her rabbit.  She insists that she needs to wear her long underwear so that the rabbit doesn't scratch her.  Her bunnies name is Midnight or Ninja, it just depends on the day!!


Alicia and Russell holding her bunny Fluffy.  Alicia has tried walking Fluffy on a leash, but it didn't work out to well.  I think it needs to get bigger before putting a collar on it and taking it for walks.

1 comment: