Monday, October 18, 2010

College Roommate

I had a lot of fun this weekend with an old college roommate and her daughter.  Kari and Rachel drove 5 hours to see us and spend the weekend in Engadine.  They got here around 6:00 p.m. on Friday and we had dinner and played with the kids.  After we put the kids to bed, we stayed up until 1:00 a.m. talking!  It was great to catch up!  8:00 a.m.came way to fast though.  On Saturday we went to Mary's Garden for lunch and then to the GarLyn Zoo.  It was Kari's first time, and it was a lot of fun.  The weather was really nice and the kids loved looking at all the different animals and feeding the goats.  We decorated some sugar cookies that Kari had brought with her, that were delicious.  The best part was the silver balls that the girls called bullets.  So of course, we had to joke with them a little and told them not to eat them because they would explode in your stomach.  Sunday we got up and Kari and Rachel left around 10:30.  I did laundry for the rest of the day and just relaxed as much as you can with 3 kids running around and getting into everything!!

2 comments:

  1. You failed to mention all of the "important" details. Like the looks I got when I told Alicia and Lauren I would be sleeping in my truck. And the look I got when I told them Rachel's ear got bit off by our dog. And one of my favorite quotes from Lauren: "That's the bar, you know, where people go to hang out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I include the comment about the bar then I don't want people to start thinking we go there all the time or worse yet we bring our kids with us!!

    ReplyDelete