Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday's Dinner

On Sunday I also made a new recipe that I had pinned on Pinterest.  It was a Chicken, Cream Cheese, Salsa Crock Pot creation!!

Before leaving for church on Sunday morning.  I got the crock pot out and put everything in it and by 3:00 p.m. it was ready to eat.  It worked out really good for a Sunday meal since the girls have Little Dribblers at 4:30 p.m.  We were able to eat a nice meal before they went to basketball and it required little effort on my part. 

What you need:
2.5 lb bag of Frozen Chicken Breast
1 can of Corn, drained
1 jar Salsa
8 oz. block of Cream Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Tortillas


All the Ingredients in the Crock Pot.

Combine all the ingredients in your crock pot and cook for about 6 hours or so depending on your crock pot.  I think mine cooks hot, so I had it on the low setting for 8 hours and it was ready in 6.  Stir every 2 hours.  About a half an hour before mine was done I shredded the chicken and then turned the crock pot off and let it sit for a half an hour to let it thicken up.  I served it in tortillas with shredded cheese on top.

This was really different and it makes a ton.  Greg wasn't crazy over it, but the kids really liked it.  After basketball we were all really hungry so I heated some up and mixed in Nacho Doritos.  That was really good!!  Alicia preferred it that way and Lauren liked it in the tortillas!!

1 comment:

  1. I just printed this off. Can't wait to make it. I LOVE crockpot meals! Thanx for posting this! Jewel

    ReplyDelete